Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter:Can we do something simialar?

2 posters

Go down

Twitter:Can we do something simialar? Empty Twitter:Can we do something simialar?

Post  Kris Sat May 01, 2010 11:36 am

The LOTS twitter takeover.

I've noticed that there is a lot of hype going around for Legend of the Seeker since it's been canceled. They managed to get in the top trending on twitter. We should organize something like this in the future. They had a event and set a fixed day to start trending the topic. When we get a little more organized of coarse. Also many LOTS fans are also Xena fans and if they can organize to make something happen it's very positive note that it might happen for a Xena movie. We should also start using the #xenamovie hashtag instead of just the #xena one because our ultimate goal again is to get a movie or project. Also if we try trending a topic it should be #xenamovie instead of #xena10afterfin because more people would get the idea that its for a Xena movie.

So far our twitter hasn't really helped much but maybe with a little more organization and proof LOTS has showed us this can actually work a little better to get the word across than what we have been doing.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Twitter:Can we do something simialar? Empty Re: Twitter:Can we do something simialar?

Post  XploZiV Sat May 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Kris,

that's a good idea... Because there is something that was bothering me....
I (and excuse me for saying this) think Xena fans are really lazy! They all want a movie but they do nothing Wink I don't think they realize that THEY are the key...

as for twitter : I guess making deals is the way to go... We should find some key LOTS fans who are Xena fans too, and they should combine there effort... It's simple : they tag xena10afterfin along with there lots-tags, and we add theirs...

And isn't there a seeker facebook page?

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Twitter:Can we do something simialar? Empty Re: Twitter:Can we do something simialar?

Post  Kris Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 pm

I agree lol. It might be because of the time it's been since FIN was aired.
I think the twitter bandwagon was a one time deal. It was only for a day but we need to figure out a way to get that much energy from Xena fans.
We should get a lot of response from fans for a day instead of spreading it out. We should also rethink the important events on the calendar because there is to much stuff on it. We should pick a few important events a month and hype up those events on facebook and our site to see if we get a greater response.

We should pick a day for the twitter event and maybe it could also be applied to google searches. Instead of trying to raise the searches up over a long amount of time we should try getting as many searches as we can get in a day.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I was lurking around and found this...

"Hey guys, we all have a reason to comemorate on September 4th.It's the 15th Anniversary of XWP, cause this day marks the first time Sins of the past was aired.

Brazilian fandom will try to make #WarriorPrincessDay a trending topic on twitter this day, but of course it's much easier if fans all around the world participate celebrating

So, I'm here to ask the xenites twitter users for help! Let's make a twitter party

Just for the record: the chances of it becoming a trending topic are higher if you send just one hash-tag (e.g: #WarriorPrincessDay) per tweet. More than one is considered spam so it doesn't count."

on XOC

If we ever need to plan a twitter take over I'm curious to see how well this one does and if we need to do one for a Xena Movie it might have the same kind of twitter results.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:53 pm

yup, I would like to see how this one goes.. When it's about celebrating the 15th birthday, it would be kinda silly asking them to add #xena10afterfin along with it Wink

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

It doesn't seem like it made the top trending but again it really didn't get around online on many forums to watch for it and tweet. The twitter idea originated in the Brazilian fandom but really didn't get the word spread to far. It still got a pretty good turnout considering. I bet if we spread it across more forums including other Xena groups around the world we could get a bigger turnout and hopefully make the top trending list of the day. If we do try it maybe we could try using #XenaMovie instead of #Xena10afterfin because #XenaMovie is more self explanatory. I don't think we are really ready to try this yet until we have something to get people excited about a possible Xena movie. If not we won't get a good turnout. Continuing on until that time.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum