Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our communication with NBC Universal

4 posters

Go down

Our communication with NBC Universal Empty Our communication with NBC Universal

Post  XploZiV Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm

When all is up and running, I intend to send a letter to NBC Universal...

I've been thinking about that too...

We could just start writing letters, sending emails, and so on....

But we actually did that before...

I was thinking on a little different approach..
How about I first write a letter (and a mail), a nice and friendly one. Not long, just 1 page, on which I state something like :

"if we can show you that there is still a BIG interest in a Xena movie, and WHY we believe it will be a success, and I can add some solid arguments together with that, could you be interested in relooking the idea of a Xena project with our beloved actors for a Xena10afterFIN?"

naturally a bit more professional written Wink

So I would like to see if they are interested in seeing "more".. I would already add some arguments or numbers, but not really the real facts... Just a little professional "tease" and see if they answer...

You know, if they answer : if you can provide us solid proof or facts that Xena is economically still profitably, because of A,B, and C, we will show interest..

If I could use that to give to people, the hopes for a movie will certainly rise on people and they will perhaps act more energetically...

If they don't answer, we just continue, but the tease could provide a nice answer, and even if they don't answer, they could very well "follow the whole thing from a distance"

What do you think of that approach?

Last edited by XploZiV on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our communication with NBC Universal Empty Re: Our communication with NBC Universal

Post  Kris Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:00 pm

This is a good idea, the hardest part would be getting Universal to actually respond but having them follow our progress and letting them know what we are trying to do is helpful too.They might not respond right away but if we keep on going with a strong fight we might here something from them and like you said would bring everyone's hopes up. Go for it! Let's see if we can get a response.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Our communication with NBC Universal Empty Re: Our communication with NBC Universal

Post  Ana™ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Yes I think it's a good idea too; do you guys think it's better to do it these days or wait a few weeks longer till we increase the number of our members, improve the website etc.? I'm kinda leaning to the second option.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:14 am

Yes, we need to look a little more professional before I send out the letter... So first we must complete the new website.

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 am

Now that the facebook page is doing well, and the website is more or less complete,
I'm going to contact NBC Universal.

So I'll email and write them a letter, explaining that it's our intention showing Xena can be profitable.
I will ask them for an answer because I need one.

In fact we haven't gotten ANY answers from anyone and we do need them, because people just hang around here but that's it....

So something like :

if we can prove their is enough public interest for a Xena movie, would you be interested looking at the creation of a possible Xena project?

Why? Because then I can put on facebook and the site things like :

Guys, you want a Xena movie? I have gotten a response from NBC Universal and they are willing to look @ doing something for us, but only when A,B,C... So if you REALLY want a Xena movie please do A,B,C....

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:56 pm

As Kris said in one of the previous posts, go for it! Very Happy
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Could someone please repost the contact addresses? I cannot seem to find one, but I know someone had posted them somewhere Smile

I did find some address on the site of Rogue Pictures...but if it was the correct one, don't know Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:07 pm

I was convinced I saw their address posted somewhere but I just checked out the whole thread on TX and the website and can't seem to find it anywhere. Here's what I found by simply googling "NBC universal contact":
http://www.nbcuni.com/About_NBC_Universal/Contact_Us/
http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/
not sure if either one of those is appropriate though.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Dear NBC Universal,

I'm one of the people responsable for the "Xena10afterFIN" project. Because next year marks the 10th year Xena's last episode ended, we would love to see 1 final Xena project.
Our intensions are not trying to stalk NBC Universal with incredible amounts of letters and emails, because I realize that probably happens with every movie franchise or series that ends.

Our goal is simple, we would like to prove to everyone involved that a Xena project could still be profitable for all involved, keeping in mind we would very much respect the thoughts and wishes
of the studio, the actors, etc..

One of our goals is trying to make sure the newly, by NBC Universal, released Xena Season 1 DVD sells well.

The main reason we believe this is worth the effort is, because lately Greek movies and series like "Clash of the Titans", "300" and "Spartacus : Blood and Sand" do very well, and a lot of them fans
are also Xena fans. We would naturally accept the adaption of the Xena project to fit modern culture. But that's a screenwriters thing. The only wish we have is that the main actors who played Xena/Gabrielle
would return one final time.

Also, we have already 30.000 people who want this final project as a closure, and a lot of them even suggested to donate money for a project. Even after less then 2 months, the Xena pages on facebook combined had over 20.000 fans, and I'm sure a lot of them
will even join us in our campaign if we get some feedback from you.

Could NBC Universal reconsider a future Xena project if we could show on a short term that still many people are willing to spend money on Xena?

We would be very grateful if you could provide us some thoughts / support on the matter.

It was my honor writing you this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Xena10afterFIN-team

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 pm

There no reason why I shouldn't say 20000 people on facebook. Some Xena pages have over 20000 people as a fan... All potential people Smile Figures impress I think Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sorboares Fri May 14, 2010 1:52 am

I really like the letter which u have sent to Universal, sounds professional & smart. Im sorry its taken me a while to get on here but Ive been so busy recently with work & life in general.

As I've said b4 I am 100000% for a Xena Movie with Lucy & Renee & am willing to help & donate.

Has anyone heard back from Universal yet? Its more than likely a bit too soon, thats if they reply at all?

I need to start to go through all the othere posts that r on here but I havent had time yet, Ive read some & they sound great so far.

I'm loving all the ideas & I totally am thankful that u sent me the link to join!

I'll post again soon.
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri May 14, 2010 2:15 am

Welcome!! Smile

No, I did not receive any answer, but honestly, I wasn't expecting one back too... It was a bit too early and I considered it as a "tease". A subtle "hey that's us and that's what we do.." . And the more we actually do, the more they'll hear from us Smile I do plan writing more in the near future.

Creating a hype takes a long period, that's why I started this idea in April, but I really did not expect to achieve something before the summer. It'll probably after the summer..

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:01 am

Anyone here who can tell me why, last time, Rob made us letter campaign to "Rogue Pictures" instead of NBC Universal?

Perhaps there are other small movie studios who work with Universal we could send letters too...
But I need to know the relationship between them and Universal.

Thx
Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:56 pm

It seems like Rogue Pictures was a label of NBC Universal but they sold it to Relativity media at the beginning of last year Question
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1A1-D93V0KGG0.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/05/business/media/05rogue.html?_r=1&fta=y
I don't know when exactly did it happen that Rob asked the fans to letter campaign to Rogue Pictures, was it before or after Jan '09.?
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 am

Before Smile But I won't bother them I guess...

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum