Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General motivation

3 posters

Go down

General motivation Empty General motivation

Post  XploZiV Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm opening this one called "General Motivation".

Perhaps when there are times you are wondering what the hell you're doing, this is the thread where you can spit out your doubts, or where you can give others a motivation boost.

I know it's a lot of work, and for the moment it's all doing a lot but not actually doing a thing when it comes to the campaign, and we all don't have a single certainty of what will happen, so yes, perhaps it can be hard sometimes!

Anyway, I'm very proud of what we already have achieved in less than 2 months time, so it's going fine. Like I said, I want us to be fully operational when we hit July. Perhaps sooner, but certainly not later.

When I mean fully operational, I mean our campaign to Universal (writing, mailing,blabla)

Hang on there!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

General motivation Empty Re: General motivation

Post  XploZiV Thu May 06, 2010 3:34 pm

I've mailed a newsletter to our fans, explaining some bits. I really had to do this, because nearly nobody visited the site, and they do have the right to know what we must do.

I did make a little mistake, as I've sent this with my own hotmail address lol. Damn :p I'll try and change that in the future Smile

True fans will help us Wink

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu May 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Is the newsletter going to show up in email or on facebook? I'm checking my email and looking at my facebook but I can't find it...

Hopefully we get some response back =)
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu May 06, 2010 9:50 pm

I received it in my email inbox - good work Frederick, I really think it might get through to people and motivate them to get more involved. Maybe we should announce that we have a newsletter now, something like "we have a newsletter now, join the website to get on our mailing list" only written in a more professional manner Laughing
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

I got it Very Happy
It just took a little bit of time to make it in my email. It sounds really good. I also think it's a good idea to tell others about the newsletter because only the people signed up for it can get it.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri May 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Is there a way we can send the newsletter to the main sites facebook friends? We are still missing a lot of people. I was thinking of posting a discussion on the forum about the news letter so people can talk about it. I also put it up on Xenaholic and I'll update the thread on TX about it. Want to make sure that as many fans as we can get see it. Maybe it will get more people to want to sign up so that way they can get future newsletters.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Posting it to facebook, I don't know. I don't think that's possible...
I could place it on the site, as some kind of introduction to the eventual video contest...

I'll look into that...

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Fri May 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Think we could post it to facebook as a note and then tag all of our friends on it? I'm not sure about the tagging part, do we have to do it manually or we can check all of them at once, but it won't be a problem for me to do it even if I have to add them one by one - that way people would get the notification that they've been tagged and most likely check out the note we tagged them on.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Wed May 12, 2010 5:12 pm

I'm thinking about with each announcement opening up a discussion on it on our main forum. I'll then announce it on face/twitter (because they both update) and try to get responses from fans. Also that way we have a link for everyone to come and read the newsletter. I already made a topic for the the newsletter but I think I need to announce it so it has a chance for more people to look at it.

Also I think the forum needs to be organized a little better to be more user friendly and hopefully draw in more people to come and participate. So for our main categories we have a general discusion, Your reasons, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and website. I think we should merge the Twitter, Myspace, and website areas into a campaign discussion instead. Kinda like this one but open to all members. Also those places are not getting that many new topics/reply's we don't need a giant area dedicated to them.

Also the Your reasons should turn into a Xena Movie discussion area. With your reasons there is only really one kind of topic you can make so there really can only be one topic in that area. With a Xena Movie discussion area it opens up a little more and allows different topics to be made about everything regarding a Xena Movie. What fans want to see, why, etc.

Having a Welcome Wagon where new members and Introduce themselves and we can post forum rules would be a good place to have too.

Then another places that would be good is maybe a cast area where users can post what the actors and actresses of Xena are up to now like the ones on TX and XOC.

The last place I can think of that would be good is a place where non English speakers can go and discuss things because we need support from fans everywhere. That's all I can think of right now and I think it's a good starting point. If we start to grow or come across concerns we can put things up and change them as needed.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Wed May 12, 2010 8:39 pm

I edited the Main Fourm, I hope you don't mind. How does it look? I'm tried to make it more user friendly and to look more like the ones that we normally go on like TX, XOC,...etc. I'll add forum rules and a better explanation so so people can introduce themselves in the welcome wagon. Hopefully a better layout will get more fans to want to come to the forums and discuss =)

Hopefully we can get discussions like we do on here for all members.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

I absolutely LOVE the way the forum looks now, I might even start using it just for the sake of being active on a cool Xena related forum like that Smile I see no reason for why it wouldn't become as fun as TX if at least 5% of our fb friends would start posting there.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 am

That would be awesome if we start getting that much activity. I just posted up some rules and a small questionnaire for the welcome wagon. It's all ready to go now... it just needs people to post in it now lol.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down