Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets talk Contests

3 posters

Go down

Lets talk Contests Empty Lets talk Contests

Post  Kris Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Well the first video contest ended a few days ago and we didn't really get that much of a response. This topic is dedicated to future contest that are similar. This does not include the DVD sales ticket donation/contest because that ties more into the DVD sales.

Since this one ended we should at least announce the winner on the news page and have a congratulations type thing put out. Something along the lines of:

Thanks to the participants of the first Xena10afterFIN video contest. The first contest has come and ended and it is now time to announce the Champion. We at Xena10afterFIN would like to congratulate ________ for the video___________.

Also have the video on the page too.

I was thinking we should have a name for the awards like the golden chackrum or golden ambrosia. Maybe we should also have something like a hall of fame.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Lets talk Contests Empty Re: Lets talk Contests

Post  Ana™ Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm

All I can say at the moment is that I like the idea a lot - I could start the work by adding a new page to the website tomorrow (would make it invisible for others before we finish it of course), would call it "hall of fame" and try to make something like what you described Kris. After I'm done, I'd let you guys know so you could both check it out and possibly add things to it. I know I already have the password but don't really want to start changing anything about the website before you say it's ok, Frederick.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:09 am

You may add pages to the site Smile That's why I made you guys admins. When one is done, let it stay hidden and so we can check it out before we put it online.

I agree we should think about those contests... The first one wasn't a success...

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:49 pm

I added a new page, it's named "hall of fame" and it's hidden so feel free to log in and check it out Wink

You'll notice that I called it "a special place for all of our video contests winners" - it's because I don't think there will be enough space for adding stuff on it in the future (other than a few more videos) so it might look better if we have separate halls of fame for different contests.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu May 06, 2010 5:12 am

Ana,

I've placed the Hall of Fame online, as I thought it was nice Wink

For the next "Dark Xena" contest :

I need some feedback :

I think I'm going to buy 1 ticket for the Xena con in France next summer.

The package is :

One Day “Warrior” Package (59€)

Access to Q&A sessions with the guests on stage
Access to all contests and competitions
Access to all conferences and discussions
Access to vendor’s room
Access to all activities in the main stage room with Ultim’Art team members, fans and guests

Includes:

- One photo op with the “Warrior” guest (Renee O'Connor)
- Possibility to purchase extra photo ops with the other guests (subject to availability)
- Possibility to purchase autographs from all the guests (subject to availability)

Ok, it's just 1 day, but a whole weekend is more than €150, and since we don't get any money out of all this, I hope people realize that... With that ticket, you can choose any out of those 3 days, so why not... Could be a chance for someone who can't afford the whole thing, to go and visit the con...

Why am I doing this?

Well, with everything you do, there is a risk...

Pro's : I hope people will come in and make some effort!!!

Con's : If they don't, then we have a problem as we would have spent money on something that doesn't sell...
If not many people participate, it's kinda stupid too...

So what do you think? Good idea or... maybe something different?

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 pm

What is the deadline for buying the ticket, does anyone know when do they expect to sell them out? It would suck that you buy it and it turns out that we have only a few entries and not one of them works for us.

I'd say we should first thoughtfully plan and second announce the contest, but think of a way to just mention certain rewards, make people hope and be motivated to participate but don't tell them what exactly to expect Very Happy That way if it turns out that we get at least 10 quality entries during the first two or three weeks, we can let people know we'll reward the winner by giving them the ticket. If not, there's always something like:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/greybourne1/items/Ceramic_Xena_Warrior_Princess_Coffee_Mug
or maybe even:
http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=xenacer1.jpg&username=Starbase&aid=83824969
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm

I do think we have to tell people they can win something... If you don't tell that, there could be a lot of people who just don't participate, and perhaps those people will make the best trailers...

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm

The hall of fame looks nice! I sent a message to Cheesyches the winner of the contest. I told her about the hall of fame and a little about the next one for a head start but said to keep it under wraps because it still hasn't been announced yet.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu May 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Yup I agree we should tell them they'll win something, it's probably the best way to get them to participate Smile I just wouldn't mention the ticket before we're sure the contest is going better than the last one, only because 59 euros is a lot to be spent on a moderately successful or, even worse, an unsuccessful contest... By the way I think messaging Cheesyches was a great idea Kris, hope it will motivate her to make an even better video this time Wink
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lets talk Contests Empty trailer

Post  XploZiV Wed May 19, 2010 11:28 am

Hi team,

I've been looking around the internet, and I came up with this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En5mvdyV8J0

It's a trailer made by someone, music's also original, and it's completely new. So it's not using footage that existed. The trailer is completely fake, but tells a story about ninja's...

THAT trailer has been spotted by NBC Universal... They are going to make a movie out of it.
THAT trailer shows clearly what Universal wants.. It's a dark action movie.

THAT trailer could have very well been Xena's...

Now if Universal picks that up, and is going to make a theatrical movie of it...
if we make a nice decent fake Xena movie, that used existing images from Xena / images that fit in from other movies, or completely newly made images, I'm pretty sure NBC Universal is going to be impressed by that...so a direct-to-dvd could certainly work in my opinion...If it's really good, who knows maybe something more..

So after seeing this... I want to find people, a lot of them, and I really want the trailer to be very very good...

Just look at it and you'll know what I mean Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu May 20, 2010 9:39 am

Argh it's frustrating that 4 of us alone could make it if we actually knew how to do it. This way, not only we have to find people who are willing to spend time helping, they should also be creative and able to come up with a really good trailer.
I think this might be a good place to start: http://www.xwpmovie.com/ - think we should definitely give our best to somehow convince them (it's http://xenamidi.u.yuku.com/) to join us, I know they're probably already extremely busy but if they would decide to work on making this trailer it would probably have completely newly made images AND look great, just check out the way Xena's armor will look in their animated movie: http://talkingxena.yuku.com/topic/16914?page=11
I'm not sure how interested would they be in helping us though, so maybe it would be the best that you, Frederik, get in touch with them and explain them the way you explained it to us why would this trailer be so important for the campaign Smile
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 pm

That trailer is really amazing. Maybe we should gather some short of elite team for this if we really want to impress Universal. We might have been looking at the contest's a bit out of place because out of the new submissions we get and out of the people that actually participate, what are the chances of getting a really amazing trailer that will impress Universal? Especially if we don't get that many people who participate.

Good find Ana, we should contact that person to see if they are interested in helping out but are they good at making videos? I noticed the site was designed by Black Wolf and I think that's the same person that made our banner for the first version of the site.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 am

Has anybody contacted xenamidi yet? If not I'll do it. Also we need to start considering people who can help us with the trailer.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sat May 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Kris,

if you may... I'm sick; have caught the flue, so I'm resting a bit... I'll be back soon!!!
I've received your donation! You're the latest and only one this week.

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Hope you'll get well soon Frederik.

Yeah would be great if you could do it Kris Smile About xenamidi, I'm not sure if they're good at making videos but I guess it's similar to making an animated movie, just shorter. I'm hoping, if they understand how important this trailer is and decide to join, they would be able to make one with a lot of newly made images, like for example if there's a fighting scene in their movie we could put it inside of the trailer.

I'm not sure where should we start looking for people, did you mention one of you guys is a member of XMV website/forum? Maybe we could ask people what's the best Xena related video they've ever seen and check out those they recommend (because there are loads of average looking videos and it would take us days to go through all of them on youtube), then see if one of those people would be willing to help.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sun May 23, 2010 7:15 am

Hope you get better too Frederick.

I'll send him a message and see if he is interested. I just saw the the project that Xenamidi is working on and it is really amazing.

Also that's a really good idea to get some recommendations. Both Frederick and I are members of XMV but I'll put a message up for some recommendations.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Xenamidi is interested in helping =) Do you guys want me to send a link to this thread to read up about this project or do you want me to ask Xenamidi to help through messaging on Yuku?
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 am

I'm starting to think we should indeed gather everyone who's involved with our quest, to 1 place.
It's easier for everyone to read what has been said and so on.

I'm not sure if we should give them access to all topics...Is it possible to give access to only 1 topic?

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Wed May 26, 2010 11:08 am

Hmm, I'm not sure I think I saw a option where I could allow access to certain parts of the forum but I don't think the option is available for individual topics. I could make groups and only a few people could be in those but we already have a lot of topics going and I'm not sure if I can move all of it into a group. I'll look into it more and it could help if we start expanding a little more in the future too.

I gave Xenamidi a link to the main topics of interest about the movie trailer because we were getting our messaging to the point where I couldn't speak for everyone.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum