Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subgoal 2 : Google and Xena

4 posters

Go down

Subgoal 2 : Google and Xena Empty Subgoal 2 : Google and Xena

Post  XploZiV Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:25 pm

This isn't really much, but I thought it would be cool if we could show that since we started the campaign, we CAN make stats in Google increase. So I will post data here from our trends now and then!

An increase in popularity will look more positive in a letter to NBC Universal instead of a decline or so Wink

Any ideas on how to increase this, just let me know Smile Can be any info you've heard..

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Subgoal 2 : Google and Xena Empty Re: Subgoal 2 : Google and Xena

Post  Kris Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm

This is actually one of the easiest things we can get everyone to do.It seems to be going well on facebook and other places. Frederick, how are you getting the google info and has it increased any since we started? I'm kinda curious to see how it's going so far.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Frederick, is it increasing the stats if one person googles "xena movie" 100 times in a row, or do they increase only if it's googled from different IPs?

I remember that about 2 months ago Lucy Lawless was #1 on yahoo's "trending now" list, don't know if that means anything to you.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Ana, I don't know how it works... I do know it normalizes data, so probably when you would search Xena every second of the day, that wouldn't count as the same amount of times searched..

But I'm not sure.

One thing I'm sure of :

forget making Xena hot on twitter, that really doesn't work a single bit. Twitter is good to notify people what we're doing or notifying them we have made a change, but that's it.

as for Google :

The amount of people searching Xena every day is so low, the results don't really seem to change a lot... I don't think that 1000's of people are searching Xena on google every day...

I don't know if I will focus on improving that, or put more focus on the DVD sales and other stuff...

What do you think?

If you like to see those graphs => Go to Google and search for : "Google Insights for Search"

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi guys,

I was thinking, now the google bar let's us earn money...

How about we say something like :

Don't forget to get Xena up in the rankings, and search up Xena!!! blabla...added a new Xena google searchbar on our site

Something to get people to our site, and let them search (and hopefully click) on google....

Perhaps a better sentence Wink

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sorboares Mon May 17, 2010 7:01 am

Well I know that I'm searching Xena Movie & Xena alot on Google but clearly we need alot more people doing this.

I've tried for so many years to get a Xena Movie fight going. I even started my own fan club back in the day & used to get Xenites writing snail mail to my home address & I used to reply to every single one of those letters.

I remember from the top of my head that I ended up getting 900 & something fans in my fan club which was also to help fight to show Xena was popular & shouldnt be axed from Channel Ten in Australia. In the end they did bring Xena back!!!! Very Happy

I know a Xena Movie would do well but for Universal to agree now is getting harder & harder.

We need to do more to get peoples attention.

I know use have a facebook page & twitter, Ummmmm u do have links on those pages to become members & to show support? I dont have facebook or twitter so not sure how the pages look.

Wat about My Space as well? Anyone have a page up on there?

It seems as if the rerelease DVD's r selling well which is good but Universal probably wants even better sales?

The message boards r very quiet especially wen a Xena Movie topic is brought up on there, most of the fans on there r very lazy & have given up but its prob a good idea to at least write some updates on those pages so people can see that a Xena Movie topic is still going on coz at the moment u cant see a Xena Movie topic on the first page.

So I might go now & just write something on there to push it back to the first page. Least this way people will see that we havent given up.

I'll keep trying to think but u guys r doing great!! Razz
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Mon May 17, 2010 8:12 am

Hey Sorboares, well done on bringing Xena back to the Channel Ten back then Very Happy It's good to have another member here who's as passionate about this as we are.

We have 1640 friends on facebook at the moment, Kris is posting updates there and on Twitter every couple of hours, also we have a clickable banner that leads people directly to the website, I believe over 70% of them have heard about the website by now but they're just too lazy to join, I'm hoping the new forum will attract at least a few of them. We have a myspace as well: http://www.myspace.com/xena10afterfin and as you can see I posted clickable banners and links all over the page there, I'm also mentioning the website in bulletins and comments as often as I can but don't think that more than 5 people who heard about it there actually became members. I still have no idea what should we do next in order to attract more people Question but it's been only a month or so since Frederik made the website in the 1st place so I'm hoping in time more people will see that we mean business and decide to join.

I think it's a good idea that we all write about it on TX and try to always keep the topic on the 1st page, or maybe get in touch with one of the moderators and ask them to put our topic among the other sticky ones?
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Tue May 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Ana™️ wrote:Hey Sorboares, well done on bringing Xena back to the Channel Ten back then Very Happy It's good to have another member here who's as passionate about this as we are.
Agreed Smile

Sorboares, are you still in contact with some of the fans you gathered awhile back? Letting them know about the campaign to get a Xena movie would help out a lot.

Also keeping a discussion going on TX and keeping it updated is a good idea. There is a lot of active members on TX and we have gotten our most positive responses and feedback from there.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down