Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate goal : Xena movie

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ultimate goal : Xena movie Empty Ultimate goal : Xena movie

Post  XploZiV Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Small topic to discuss the actual Xena movie... I wouldn't mind if we write to NBC Universal, we put some keywords in it to WHY a Xena movie could commercially work for them too...

Just bring up any thoughts or problems or news you've heard...

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ultimate goal : Xena movie Empty Re: Ultimate goal : Xena movie

Post  Kris Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 pm

I like the idea you had mentioned about the letter to Universal that you mentioned in the other topic.

Then I think there is some confusion among fans that Lucy,Renee, the cast would be to hard to get together, they are not interested anymore, age, its to late, etc. I think we need to try to clear some of this up. At first we did not know that Universal owned the rights to Xena and that was the main reason that a movie hasn't been created yet. Also that they had tried to make a movie in 2005 and that Universal did not want to give a budget that Rob could work with and that it fell through. Also that a script was created. I'm not sure if the script that Katherine Fugate wrote was the official movie script they were going to go with or was there another one that they were planning on using? I think I'm going to do some research and make a time line that can be updated as time goes on and statements and announcements are made. Also there has been a lot of hype going around since Lucy is in Spartacus and interviewers always ask her if she would like to be in a Xena movie.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 am

I've came to meet someone who has written a complete Xena movie screenplay. She actually has sent it to Universal, and she has received an answer of them, saying they are interested in reading the script, but ONLY if it's given to them through an official screenplay agent.

So that's what I'm trying to find now Smile

The story really sounds very nice! I haven't read it, but I did ask a lot of questions, and the answers she gave me were ok.

She said the story had a dark undertone, with some funny moments in it. There were plenty of nice action-filled fightscenes.

She says it explains the void created after AFIN, and that it's not about "Gabrielle trying to revive Xena", but a real Xena movie. People who don't know Xena will be able to follow too and see it as an regular dark actionfilled adventure.

Also, the relationship between Xena and Gabrielle is also open for own interpretation. People who think they are lovers will see it that way, people who don't think that won't see them as lovers.

And what was really nice, Ares has not been written out, he's actually in it! And I cannot say how, but only that it really sounds really nice and that it would be a nice hommage to Kevin!

So I offered her my help. If I can get her script to Universal, she would be very happy and we would be very happy as Xena10AfterFIN would present them a screenplay script, which would show them we mean business!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am

Great news!

I'll try to help in anyway possible to try to find a screenplay agent. If you need anything just tell me Smile
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Fri May 14, 2010 10:21 am

WOW that really sounds great! Very Happy
I'd like to help in any way I can as well, of course, it's just that for now I have no idea how because I know absolutely nothing about screenplays and screenplay agents. I guess at the beginning we should use articles like this for guidance http://www.ehow.com/how_2054388_choose-script-agent.html and I hope eventually Kris, being located in USA, will be able to find an agency like this one somewhere close to where she lives http://www.wlscreenplayagency.com/default.html
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Wed May 26, 2010 3:18 am

Just a little notice :

I've read the Spartacus prequel will start this summer and filming will be followed-up by the shooting of season 2. Scheduled for Feb 2011. That would mean Lucy will be available only by the summer next year. So summer 2011.

Like Xenan told me : don't forget that! Summer 2011 is the time they should really start the Xena movie activities... Because that means the movie would be launched sometime in 2012... That would be 11 years after the series... Renee could be available earlier, but I don't think a Xena movie would require much "Renee"-only footage..

We really must "attack" Universal by the end of this year's summer, so we have this year's fall to negociate.

Also, but that's a but difficult as we all live in uncertainties, I hope Lucy and Renee won't commit to other projects after Spartacus because they simple won't be available then!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 am

I agree we should really get on Universal by the end of this summer. We should have all our main projects done by then to get Universal's attention. Also is anything else going on with the script? If we are still working on that we should have it presented by then, have the trailer finished, wrap up on the donations, and get a pretty good army of Xenites that are interested in a Xena movie.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 am

Good news! We have found someone who thinks Xena isn't a lost case (as many agencies believe sadly....), and she asked me to send out the written manuscript so she could read it and give out to Universal.

And the author of the script agreed, so that's very good news!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Yaay that's really great to hear, I'm excited Smile By the way sorry I haven't been doing a thing in the past couple of days, been really busy plus had computer issues and was late with paying the internet bill.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:14 pm

That is great news! Keep us updated on this =)
That's okay Ana, I've been busy too but we are still moving along well and have gotten some big steps down.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:30 am

Yup even though things may seem like they're on a standstill at times we actually made a couple of really huge steps in the past couple of weeks and I'd say it's going great, I only wish RT, LL, ROC or etc. would decide to show their support, imagine how many people would decide to actively get involved after something like that, hopefully the interview Xenan makes with ROC will have a similar effect.

By the way, did you guys notice that it became almost impossible to add friends on FB because of that "you were going too fast when adding friends" notification? I'm not sure is it just me (maybe because one of you is adding at other times of the day) but I try every couple of hours and it shows up every time after 2 or 3 requests I send.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 am

I try not to add friends on FB to often because I know that you have a good system going and I don't want to mess you up with that notification that pops up. If I log on and see that there are some request I add those. I think FB just updated their security settings or something so that might be it.

Also I got a reply back from that member that gave us the information about a movie attempt in 05 and about Universal. She said that Universal still owns the rights and gave me a link to her blog that has other Xena information. I'm still trying to look for a official quote that Universal owns Xena tho.
xenaonline.blogspot.com
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:42 pm

I think I'll have another shot at sending Katherine Fugate a message on FB. I know she's probably not allowed to talk much about the whole thing, but I'll try and explain we're working in the dark here. I guess she would know if the problem still is Universal or not. Imagine it's not Universal... Would be kinda stupid afterwards wouldn't it.... If the rights were settled, I guess the only problem would be the budget...

If she doesn't answer, I'm afraid the only first person to answer us will be Renee @ Paris..

Cheers,
Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Dear Katherine,

I'm aware you cannot say much about a possible Xena movie. I respect that and won't ask anything specific. We, Xena10AFterFIN, are working hard to convince the people necessary to give the world a final Xena project, like a straight to dvd movie.

Some of our projects include a 3D CGI Xena movie trailer. The people occupied are working day and night to get that trailer out as soon as possible. That trailer is only our way to say : Xena is still alive, please consider a final project with Lucy and Renee. There's also a subgroup who will talk about our project at the upcoming Xena con @ Paris.The team has worked many hours and we have already invested quite some money, even if we know we cannot get our hopes up too high.

But even though it's been a long time since the series ended, there is still hope. Not much, but it's still there. And hope is wat brings life into a person's soul.

So the only thing is, we're kinda working in the dark here, because there's nothing certain about what we do. I have already send out a letter to Rob and left messages to other people involved, but so far we didn't get any replies. Because of that it stays very hard to convince a very large group of fans (more than 15000 people), to help us out. They all want it but "wait until it's there". Our team doesn't wait, we act.

For know, we want to convince Universal to give this project (your script) a reconsider, as we think, as heard through the media, that Universal holds the distribution rights. But is that still true?

It would be a shame we want to convince Universal to invest in a final Xena project if the problem isn't them, but finding someone who wants to give a budget.

It would be nice if we could have some answer on this matter.

I wrote with great respect,
Xena10AfterFIN-Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 am

Sounds really good =)
I hope she responds. If not we could still find out from Renee as a plan B.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah sounds great, if I was her and got a message like that I'd make sure to reply to it no matter how busy I was, hope she will as well Smile
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:21 pm

So we have an answer which you can read at the mods part Wink

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sorboares Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:06 am

Hi I'm sooo sorry I havent been on here in a while but my life has been a whirlwind of a ride recently.

So did u receive an answer from Katherine Fugate? If so wat ended up happening?

How has the donations gone for the DVD's? Did anyone else donate other than me & the other person?

I know I may b behind but I Havent had a chance to get on here.

Just any updates with wats been happening would be great please & thank u.
Smile
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Smile

Well, the big update is that we're (and I mean Jodi :p) is working on a 3D Xena movie, which for us means a teaser trailer soon, and later on a trailer, which we intent to use as promotion in order to raise public interest...(Universal).

The donations were a big loss... Seems fans just don't share the same hopes we are.. which is a real shame... I've put that thing to rest for now, but I haven't buried it... I still believe DVD sales are important... The money is still on my x10AF paypal account.

And yes, we have received an answer from Katherine, in which she explained how very hard it is going to be (something we knew already), but it sounded like she felt sad the movie didn't came along and that we should give it a try. She's certainly pro Xena movie Smile

I do would like to ask NOT to mention much about her answering us. I would like to keep that part my responsibility, as I do not want to give birth to quotes she "said but did not actually said". You know how this goes, and I would certainly want to keep the faith of the Xena crew with us.

One thing's definitely certain : Universal is the problem Smile They think it's too risky investing money on a Xena movie.

So hopefully we can convince them with strong arguments it's not, before Universal believes a reboot with younger actresses is the only option.

Cheers,
Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:03 pm

It's great that Jodi is helping making the 3D Xena movie and is helping us with the teaser trailer/trailer.

I agree with the donations. The DVD sales are important but what are we going to do with the little amount of money we did raise? We have to be credible and put them into the causes that we told fans that were going to get them. When we decide to do something like this again we have to make sure we know that we will get a good amount of fan response already before we launch it. Maybe after we get the trailers going and get some some good words from Lucy/Rob/or Renee fans will be more eager.

I also agree that we shouldn't mention Katherine answering us. If we do get some one who's involved in making this happen it shouldn't be through a private message but a interview or something meant to be shown more towards the public. A private message is kinda like a personal letter.

We need to put up a update that we are making progress to the fans that we have gathered. So far everything that we have going is top secret until the teaser trailer comes but what do we tell the people following us on fb? Maybe another message saying that we are still hard at work? I liked what Fredrick had down before with the Xena goes dark message we had awhile ago. Work on another well written tease?
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sorboares Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Thats great that Katherine wrote back & that she is pro Xena Movie but yeh we all knew this was going to be hard but lets not give up & I wont say anything to other fans, I'll zip my mouth shut Smile

What really annoys me is how Universal believe Xena wont make any money. Did they forget she was the most watched TV show for years!!!!!? She was screened in over 115 countries with GREAT ratings, the conventions are hits and r running to this day, Xena is still airing in countires like here in Australia, Xena merchandise is still being made & selling, There was a Universal Studios Xena ride/show at their theme park, Xena ran for six seasons which is a great accomplishment & she ran all that time with HIGH ratings.

Xena was never a flop, she always made Universal money, she was a great success & was the top TV show in the US & other countries for years.

So how can they just give up on her & say she wont make money? I would understand that if she was a flop & she only ran for a season & she was axed/cancelled right afterwards. But she wasnt a flop!!! She was a hit so wat made Universal go so against Xena?

I have never understood this & it really bugs me coz she was such a success so how can they just give up and not even give her a chance?
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  sorboares Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:14 am

Sorry me again but I have been researching Xena Movie on Google & other sites & found this which I thought u might b interested in. Its a site where fans want a Xena movie & have started a Chain so maybe we can let these fans know bout us?

What do use think?

The links are:
http://www.tvloop.com/xena/show/chains/we-would-like-a-xena-movie-63377

And

http://www.tvloop.com/xena/show/chains/we-want-a-xena-movie-56251 (This site has over 800 fans wanting a Xena Movie)

I joined & wrote this on their site....I want a Xena Movie as well & so do many other fans just as long as Lucy Lawless is Xena & Renee O'Connor is Gabrielle.

Also check this site out http://www.xena10afterfin.com/ where other fans for a Xena movie are fighting to get one made.

They also have a facebook & twitter page at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena10afterFIN-Xenites-for-a-Movie/107538089274540

and

http://twitter.com/Xena10afterFIN

We need all the fan support as possible.

Battle On

So that's wat I wrote & I hope it helps get a little more attention & fan support for us!!
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 am

Hi Sorboares,

the chain sites are interesting, thx for the info!

The other sites about Xena10AF, those are our sites Wink

Cheers,
Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sorboares Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 am

Lol I no the other sites r our sites. If u re read wat I wrote I said I joined the chain sites n gave them the xena10af sites so hopfully it will get more fans to notice n join our site.
I'm trying to get more fans attention to join here.
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 am

omg lol :p

It's Monday morning you know :p

sorry Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down