Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate goal : Xena movie

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ultimate goal : Xena movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultimate goal : Xena movie

Post  Ana™ Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Kris wrote:Maybe after we get the trailers going and get some some good words from Lucy/Rob/or Renee fans will be more eager.

I also agree that we shouldn't mention Katherine answering us. If we do get some one who's involved in making this happen it shouldn't be through a private message but a interview or something meant to be shown more towards the public. A private message is kinda like a personal letter.

We need to put up a update that we are making to the fans that we have gathered. So far everything that we have going is top secret until the teaser trailer comes but what do we tell the people following us on fb? Maybe another message saying that we are still hard at work? I liked what Fredrick had down before with the Xena goes dark message we had awhile ago. Work on another well written tease?

Had to quote most of the post because I agree with pretty much everything Kris wrote Very Happy

Sorboares, well done on joining tvloop.com, think it's a good idea that we keep spreading the word wherever we can, seems to me that about 95% of the fans are too lazy to actually join the website but I'd say it's still important that they find out about it Smile
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 am

Hi guys,

summer is approaching, and so we must gear up Smile

Remember that movie studios schedule releases way before their are released,
so don't expect them to approve a Xena project next year, near summer AND have it done by the end of the same year...If shootings take place before 2012 we will be very lucky....

Budgets are always made the year(s) before. So we really really need to give our best THIS year...

So for this summer we need a teaser trailer as soon as possible, and a trailer targeting the end of the summer...

+ We need more budget for buying xena DVD's and donating them to good causes...
Kris : the donations for this round : I will soon take that page offline (doesn't work at all), and send you the money through paypal. Use this to buy DVD's @ amazon.com. When received, send those to AMVETS..

I'm a bit sorry I had promised to give 50% to the BP oil stuff, as I believe people are already giving enough money + Obama made BP pay for all the costs...
Wish I could've used ALL the money for the DVD's...

We would've been able to buy 3-4 DVD's, now with the 50-50 I guess only 1 or 2.. Now that's not good :p

After that, we need another campaign where we collect money... Honestly, people don't get that, but asking for a movie straight to DVD cannot be done if no one buys the DVD's...

I agree that most of them ask why they should buy that when they have already bought so many DVD's... Now that's our misfortune; the old DVDsales got messed up big time, as Rob told us... So we have no choice....

Plus : we should have someone at the Paris con who can campaign for us.. Perhaps we should invest some money (I guess if all of us do (Me, Kris, Ana, Sorboars, Xenan, and anyone more)) we could perhaps print a designed Xena10AF logo on white tshirts, and sell them for a symbolic 1 euro... Maybe Xenan could give one to Renee when he interviews her :d :d

Plus : I saw on facebook that 1 of the Westlife singers joined us... Why not find celebs who are willing to stand with us, and say : I want a Xena movie??? Don't celebs have more influence when it comes to spreading something out to the media than we???

I'm really serious here, we should hit this BIG time. There's nothing illegal about it, we don't earn money, and the money we have, we invest that again in Xena materials....

PS : Kris, I'm going to print out a PDF of the donations made through paypal, and send a copy to you. Can you keep a (digital) print of your Amazon buyings too, when you make them?

If anyone would ever make a problem out of this, we could easily prove them we didn't use the Xena name for our own profits...

Ow Btw : Next summer (2011) i'm going to New Zealand :d

Cheers,
Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 am

Yep, we really need to hit this hard.

Yeah I'll purchase the Xena DVD's and send them over to AMVETS. I'll save the receipts that amazon sends in the email as proof and I'll take a picture of the DVD's when I get them before sending them out. It will also be a good update in the news section of the site because we haven't had one in awhile. Even if we just had enough to get one or two it shows that we mean what we say. The donations to BP was a good idea at the time because we thought it would help motivate people to donate but it just didn't turn out that way. It was a good try. We might want to have a announce that the donations are over for the DVD campaign because we never really officially announced it. It might also be a good idea to leave donations open for campaign donations. Someone might want to come around and donate something. Every dollar helps.

I like the t-shirt idea we just need some one to design one for us and we need to find somewhere that would print them out for us. We can also make a small store on our site and sell them and use what amount we get for them for a small amount of campaign funds. Having them at the con is a good idea because it helps spread the word.

I've never heard of the Westlife but that's good that other celebs want a Xena movie too Smile It never hurts to ask them.

Congratz on going to New Zealand next summer Smile Have fun and you have to tell us about it when you get back.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:24 pm

I put up that the donations where closed so that fans will know some of what is going on. Fredrick, either pm or email me so I know when to check my account to order those DVD's. If we are a few dollars short of getting in a extra DVD I'll put some in to get it.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Kris, I will.

Here's already a summary :

23 Jun 2010 Donation From Davide Onorati Completed Details Donation From Davide Onorati 7X4184426D001680F $6,43 USD

21 May 2010 Donation From Anjelica Romero Completed Details Donation From Anjelica Romero 2BV90372X5656571S $9,31 USD

20 May 2010 Donation From Davide Onorati Completed Details Donation From Davide Onorati 80734018RC333611N $4,50 USD

Donation From David Mifsud Completed Details Donation From David Mifsud 9CD6133541542972E $14,11 USD

Select record 23 14 May 2010 Donation From Ann Sund Completed Details Donation From Ann Sund 6UB45930RD0163717 $18,92 USD

18,92 + 14,11 + 4,50 + 9,31 + 6,43 = $53,27 .

I've put in another 50 euros, should be about $61.86 extra.

I don't know if others intend to add some more?
If you do, please do so by replying Kris and transfer it to her.

So it would give us +- $115,13 for now. Consider the fact we announced we would donate to BP, than the amount will be $57,57 each.

Now Kris,

is it ok I'll transfer all of the money, and you also donate to the bp disaster thing? Just keep a receipt for both.

I would buy them from the nbcuniversalstore itself. It's the cheapest, and then it comes directly from them. If you buy copies that are presented on amazon.com, perhaps those are copies that Universal already sold to the retailers from amazon, so we would be just buying copies "internally", and those wouldn't affect sales for Universal (as they were already sold and paid)...

+ you can buy at the nbcuniversalstore.com because you live in US. We cannot.
Keep a receipt too.

I expect the money I donated to arrive on my paypal within a couple of days, and then I'll transfer it through paypal to you.

Frederik

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:27 pm

btw the script someone wrote, I told about, has been sent out to the person who has a friend who works at Universal, so I'll keep you informed on that one too!!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Would be brilliant if we would find a designer for the logo, banners etc., too bad we didn't hear back from Blackwolf (the person who designed the banners on photobucket, think that was their username on TX).

I love the T-shirts idea too and would be glad to invest as much as I can in that - do you think, if we would be selling them 1 euro each, we could "earn" some money for the future projects? What about the possibility of donating money by SMS, did you look into it? I agree with Kris, think it's a good idea that we leave donations open for campaign donations.

Frederik, wow, are you sure it's a good idea that you spend 50 whole euros on that? It's a lot (almost 50% of the money spent on the website) and it's not really a big difference if we buy 3 or 5 DVDs isn't it. If you already intend to use it for the x10aF, I'd say it would be better spend on T-shirts or one of the other things we plan to do in the future. Don't get me wrong, not trying to tell you how to spend your money or something like that, just stating my opinion and giving you a friendly advice. Personally I think the DVD campaign was a great idea but didn't turn out the way it was supposed to so now that it's over we should simply buy and send those couple of DVDs we can from the money donated to us (53,27) and that's it.

Btw I'm glad to hear you're going to NZ, hope you'll have a great trip and, as Kris said, look forward to hearing about it when you come back Smile

Talking about celebrities, would be great if we could somehow get in touch with Quentin Tarantino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzhZ-bES2o Very Happy
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Thats great news about the script Very Happy

I saved the information written about who donated and how much the total amount was. Fredrick, if you want to edit that post with all the names and how much they donated because other people could still view the information. Thanks Very Happy

Also we will have a little less to work with because every time we transfer money from different country's paypal takes a little for converting it.

I haven't looked into donating with SMS because I still don't fully understand it yet. Maybe next time.

For the Tshirts we need to design one and find a good place to print them. If we can get some maybe we can give some away for free for comic con. It would be good to have some people walking around with Xena movie shirts and everyone who attends is interested in that kind of stuff so maybe they will ask about it.

I was looking for Quentin Tarantino and I found two twitter acounts
http://twitter.com/QJTarantino
http://twitter.com/QuenTarantino
Several pages on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/search/?post_form_id=3107666421fb3846a36cdca49b5d685c&q=Quentin%20Tarantino&init=quick&ref=search_loaded
Also a myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/quinttarantino

The trick is going through them and finding the ones that are real vs. the ones that are fake. I couldn't find a main website tho with contact info.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2