Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subgoal 1 : DVD

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Subgoal 1 : DVD - Page 2 Empty Re: Subgoal 1 : DVD

Post  XploZiV Mon May 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Ok, done that and I have put it online.

I've posted it on the facebook page.

If you guys please, could you post this call on other facebook pages and so? I currently don't have the time to spread it out!

Uh, post something like :

"Xena10afterFIN.com : Quest for a Xena movie" presents : Xena DVD boost + help a good cause campaign. Do you like to help giving the sales of the new Xena DVD a boost, without actually having to buy the DVD (because it's region 1 only and has no subtitles other than English)? AND do you like (by doing that) to help a good cause? Then check out our campaign @ .....

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 pm

lol, had a little scare there, it showed my personal email after clicking on the donate button. Didn't like that. Quickly generated a new button and made another paypal email alias for contact@xena10afterfin.com Smile

note : it seems you do have to create a paypal account if you use that button. Seems to be the only way...

Could you find people who can translate it in French, Czech and Portugese?

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Mon May 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Here's someone we could ask to help us with the French translation: http://talkingxena.yuku.com/search/topic/topic/18339 (3rd post from the top)
http://hatshepsout.u.yuku.com/ - Kris maybe you would like to be the one who contacts this person? If not, let me know and I'll do it.

I plan on using yahoo answers in order to find people who speak Portugese and Czech but I need to know what were you referring to exactly, the translation of the whole DVD Campaign page (which looks great by the way) or the translation of:
"Xena10afterFIN.com : Quest for a Xena movie" presents : Xena DVD boost + help a good cause campaign. Do you like to help giving the sales of the new Xena DVD a boost, without actually having to buy the DVD (because it's region 1 only and has no subtitles other than English)? AND do you like (by doing that) to help a good cause? Then check out our campaign @...?

...Just out of curiosity, why only French, Czech and Portugese? Smile
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 am

Translation of the little post we'll do on communities. The page is obvious with that donate button and the amount in bold Smile

and why those? Because English, Czech and Portugese are the languages who search Xena the most on Google.

And why French? Because of the upcoming Xena con in Paris Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm

I'll contact them but first I want to make sure we are on the same page on what user's to contact. Don't want to contact the wrong one and find out they can't speak french XD

Ana, you have Lana and Hatshepsout in mind for the translations? I already tried contacting Lana but have not heard anything back yet but I'll try Hatshepsout.
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Tue May 11, 2010 7:15 pm

I actually had only Hatshepsout in mind, sorry, now I see that the 1st link wasn't correct, on the one I thought I posted there was Hatshepsout's post in which they offered to translate stuff to French if needed, to quote them: "I don't recommend Google translator. That makes for a very crappy French translation. But if someone wants to post a message in French on a board, tell me and I will translate it for you."
I'm about to send a message to all 4 or 5 of our fb friends who I think speak Portugese (are from Brazil) and will try yahoo answers for Czech.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm

I'll contact Hatshepsout and see if they are interested still. If we get a positive reply back how should we have this person contact us? Should I just tell them what page to translate or should we send another invite here so we can all communicate?
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Tue May 11, 2010 7:37 pm

I think maybe you should just message them those couple of lines they're supposed to translate first and then if they show they're also interested to get more involved you can invite them here as well... I guess Smile
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Tue May 11, 2010 7:54 pm

I just sent a message. If I get a positive reply back I'll ask Hatshepsout to translate a message about the DVD donation campaign that we could put up on facebook.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Wed May 12, 2010 1:32 am

I hope that does something extra, because I don't know what's going on, but only 6 people visited the site yesterday. Barely anyone has even visited that campaign page... And that after I've posted it on several Xena facebook pages + Spartacus one.

Last week over 1000 people visited the website, so it's a sudden big drop....
Xena fans are SO lazy.. I don't get that.. Are you a Xena fan or not? They make youtube videos and write fanfiction, but when it's about hopeing for a movie, barely no one is helping out!!! Now that's frustrating for me :p I just hope they'll realize that a potential success / failure is partially in their hands.... Wink

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 am

I've updated our website and DVD campaign page!!!

Some marketing strategy Smile I've changed our good cause into 2 good causes!

50% of our money will be donated to an organisation who's collecting money to help out the people fighting against the "BP oil drilling disaster". I believe that's very much needed!!

With the other half we will buy Xena DVD's!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Wed May 12, 2010 2:01 pm

That is a big drop... idk what we are missing. More hype? More talk? More something else? I really hope they just haven't given up hope.

Also good idea with the 2nd good cause =)
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Wed May 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Maybe you already saw the message on fb but still, Portuguese translation:
"Xena10afterFIN.com: Busca para um filme da Xena" apresenta: DVD Xena + ajuda a impulsionar uma campanha por uma boa causa. Gostaria de ajudar a dar um impulso nas vendas do novo DVD Xena, sem realmente ter que comprar o DVD(porque é uma região só e não tem legendas diferente do Inglês)? E gostaria de ajudar uma boa causa, ao fazer isso? Então confira a nossa campanha @...
I found a person who's willing to translate it to Czech and just sent them the text, hope I'll hear from them soon.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Wed May 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Argh 6 people only?! That's quite frustrating, I really have no idea in what ways could we attract more people there, maybe by adding more interactive content they can participate in, something like a photo gallery of Xenites, surveys, questionnaires, then maybe also if we find people willing to participate in the social aspect of our website, like leave comments on people's profiles, connect with each other and stuff like that... These are just a couple of random things but maybe that's the direction we should start thinking in: what is it that people like about popular websites that makes them go back there over and over again. It would take us maybe even more time and effort than we're putting in now to do a research on that, maybe get in touch with someone more experienced (the problem is I have no idea who might that be) and eventually add fresh content on our website, but I think it would be worth it if in the end we manage to have 1000+ visits a day... I love the idea of the 2nd good cause, it might appeal more to people who generally disagree with supporting the troops, like myself flower
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Ana, awesome job on getting those translations =)

Hmmm..we can create a photo album in facebook where fans can submit pictures of their Xena costumes. We can also have a poll of the week or poll of the month where people can participate in. Kinda like how we had that poll for the Xena DVD but make it more of a activity than a way to find results because not everyone would want or know to vote.

I agree that the second good cause is a little more of a appeal because not all fans are from the U.S. or support the war in Iraq. They might be more inclined to donate for the second cause but we can still do the DVD sales one as well. The DVD sales are still VERY important.

Since I'm from the U.S. and have friends going or are over seas I support the troops but not the reason why they were sent there. I'm sure many feel the same or are iffy about the war in Iraq so having a second one is a good idea so we can still do a little of both.

BTW: I found some spelling errors on the news page and corrected them. I didn't check the main DVD capaign page tho but the spelling errors weren't that big. I'm sure not many people would even notice the difference. I didn't pick them up until I was copying it and the spell check did.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Thu May 13, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks, I still haven't heard back from the guy who's supposed to translate it to Czech though.

Those 2 ideas sound cool to me, but if we create the album on facebook than it's still not helping us attract people to the website, and if we want to create an album on the website we have yet to figure out how...

Yup even though I'm strongly anti-war I still feel for all of the people risking their lives out there no matter why so I'll be glad if we manage to collect money and send them over a couple of DVDs, plus it's very important because of the DVD sale figures.
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Thu May 13, 2010 10:16 am

I got in touch with Hatshepsout and got the French translation for the DVD campaign to go up on FB.
It reads:
Voulez-vous contribuer à l’augmentation des ventes des nouveaux DVD de Xena sans avoir à les acheter? Voulez-vous aider une bonne cause? C’est maintenant possible!!! "Xena DVD campaign for a good cause" (La campagne DVD de Xena pour une bonne cause) : Visitez notre site, ou suivez le lien!!!

I'll go put it up =)

The only thing I'm worried about is coming up with to many pages on our main website that maybe no one will go visit. I think we need to brainstorm what do we need that's important and what's something new that we need that will attract fans but wont cause clutter. Maybe pick one idea and try it out for awhile and if it's not gaining a lot of attention take it down and try the other on the main website. Just to see the responses we get back from everyone.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri May 14, 2010 1:47 am

Received our first donation of $20 Smile

I think I'll ask my family and friends to donate for the cause too....If it's not for Xena, it's going to be for the oil disaster...

When I receive a donation through paypal, I can actually see all data from that user,
so perhaps we could attach some sort of price to it...

The question is what? Perhaps the new Spartacus DVD? That will come out in all regions I presume, and with subtitles, so this could be a nice price, and it's not that expensive to buy for us..

I'm happy to wait buying my copy util some time later!

Perhaps this will motivate people!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 am

That is awesome Very Happy

I'm just wondering do we have enough money going around for a prize? Between donating to two organizations and then getting the people who donate a prize. Unless they get a prize for donating so much or if it's only available to the first few.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am

I don't know... It could motivate people to donate... I'm not quite sure what to do lol Smile
I'm just thinking about some kind of motivation so people would do more of an effort...

We could also wait a certain period and see how well it goes... if barely anyone donates, we could try and stimulate them....

ps : do you think we should change our second good cause to "a good cause like amvets or gifts for poor people etc..?

perhaps only the troops could indeed sound a bit weird...

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri May 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Maybe we should wait awhile to see how it goes. We should just keep on announcing it and if it really slows down do the Spartacus DVD prize to motivate. If we try to split up everything in the end we won't have that much to donate to either donation group, not raise that much to bring DVD sales up, and not be able to throw in to many Spartacus DVD's.

What do you mean by changing the second cause? Change the wording or change the cause entirely?
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Fri May 14, 2010 3:34 pm

the words Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri May 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Amvets sounds better or maybe a combined like the "troops at amvets". It's a little more detailed than just the "troops".
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Sat May 15, 2010 6:01 am

I hope people see some news about the BP disaster... That is becoming ridiculous.. Probably the biggest disaster ever...

I hope they'll donate to us for that.. They are going to need the money for the oil cleanup...

So far only 1 person has donated, but I'll go and collect some money here too. I'm sure people here will give me money for that oil-disaster, which I find important too.

I cannot help but feeling so helpless seeing so much animals die because of that...
It freaks me out!

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sat May 15, 2010 4:04 pm

I agree that the BP donations help gain a wider audience for people to donate than just Xena fans. Also I hope something gets done about it fast because the consequences are really tragic.

The new announcement up on the facebook page with the youtube video on it is really good. It really helps get the point across.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next