Xena10afterFIN site discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subgoal 1 : DVD

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Subgoal 1 : DVD - Page 3 Empty Re: Subgoal 1 : DVD

Post  sorboares Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 am

XploZiV wrote:I hope people see some news about the BP disaster... That is becoming ridiculous.. Probably the biggest disaster ever...

I hope they'll donate to us for that.. They are going to need the money for the oil cleanup...

So far only 1 person has donated, but I'll go and collect some money here too. I'm sure people here will give me money for that oil-disaster, which I find important too.

I cannot help but feeling so helpless seeing so much animals die because of that...
It freaks me out!

Any news on how many donations now? I just donated but is there anyone else who has other than just 2 people now? Still only one? To be honest maybe we should put a entire new topic on the Xena Message Boards about Donating coz being 100% honest I didnt even see the update u had in the old topic bout fighting for a movie until a few minutes ago.

So maybe an entire new topic with the title Donate to Help Xena & Oil Disaster will grab more attention?
sorboares
sorboares

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Tue May 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Only 2 donations so far.. rather poor I know, but it's only up for a week, and I expect more people soon when Xenan makes a French page on our site and spreads out the word Smile

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Money donated so far : $37,53 USD

Consider the fact that sorboares contributed, then not much people have already donated Smile
It's a little poor but i'll leave it on.. can't harm..

I'll donate too this weekend.. but with this money we can barely buy a dvd Smile

Plus, there's something I don't understand.. On amazon it says about $25 for a DVD...
But it also says about $19 for 19 new... Now what's the price difference about?

Finally, to give you an idea :

let's say a Xena DVD costs $20. with that we can could now, nearly buy 1... 50-50 system.
let's say 10 more people donate $10.. That would be $100 more.

The 50-50 rule would give us about $68 to buy DVD's. That's about 3 DVD's....
To me that's not much :p

Do give you some realistic ideas : when we would gather $1000, that would be $500 for DVD's, which would be approx 25 copies...

$1000 that is 100 people who donate $10... Seems a lot but really... that should be a piece of cake if it were all heart given Xenites....

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Sat May 22, 2010 10:36 am

We can do it but it's been a little quite lately and we need to push the announcements a little more. I don't think getting 100 out of the 1600 some fans on fb should be that hard if they really believe in this. I donated a little bit yesterday but did we get anymore donations?
Kris
Kris
Admin

http://x10afin.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  XploZiV Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 am

I was wondering : how well does the world understand the BP-oil disaster?
Is news being spread out correctly? Really, if I see all the images and news.. it's absolutely horrible...

I don't think many people understand the impact this has on economy, politics, and most of all : nature... BP is telling lies all the time, and this is just getting bigger and bigger... And don't forget the hurricanes that will come and pick up all the oil... I think the West Coast is going to get black...

I wish people would just donate, beause this is just really stupid and they are going to need a lot of money to clean it all up..IF they manage to close the leak....

perhaps we should lower it to 25% - 75% vor the BP disaster...
or maybe just 100% for BP? But since nobody is doing a thing.. maybe we should just do another call out on manye fora with our main focus on "support our Xena campaign and donate for the Gulf disaster..."

XploZiV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana™ Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Yup I believe it's probably not very understandable to people outside of USA, I think another call out seems like a good idea considering the fact that not a lot of people were interested in donating so far Sad
Ana™
Ana™
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Update: Donations were sent in and the DVD was ordered. Again not to much was donated and with shipping only one DVD was able to be ordered. A total of 53.27 was raised and with the healthy gulf donation and DVD donation $26.64 was left to use for each. The Xena DVD at the Universal store was $23.93 with shipping leaving $2.71. When the DVD comes in it still has to be mailed out.
Kris
Kris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Update2: Got the DVD in the mail today.
Kris
Kris
Admin